Tuesday, August 23, 2011

social media

Social media is a funny thing. I love it. I used to have a little bit of an "issue" with facebook. So much so that I gave it up for Lent. I really started using it after Sophie was born. Now I love twitter. Someone once described it as "micro-blogging." I think that's fair. I like it b/c I don't get so lost in it. I only follow people that I really care about what goes on in their life. (If you're offended b/c I don't follow you it's probably b/c I don't know you're out there.) I also feel like I get a lot of information from it.

Like today for instance. Ben came home for lunch and watched a little bit of Cars with Ted. He came into the dining room where I was doing some work and sat down to talk through our schedules the next couple of days. And that's when we felt it - our house started to shake (for lack of a better word). At first I thought it was Millie scratching. She has a mean scratch that can shake the floor. But then it kept going. It was freaky.

I immediately thought it was an earthquake. Or some sort of explosion. Last time we felt something near this it was the explosion that happened at a chemical plant in Charleston. That one rattled our windows. Anyways, Ben immediately got on twitter and there it was - people talking about an earthquake and feeling it in lots of different places. Facebook too. In a weird sort of way, it was nice to know we weren't crazy!

Oh, and hash tags can totally help you when you play Mad Gab.

So, if you don't follow me on twitter, here are some recent ones that may or may not be of interest to you. I'm not really that interesting.

- Sign at a tattoo place: "celebrate august. get a new tattoo." makes perfect sense
- Today Sophie used the word "comfy" to describe Millie's nose and the cheese in her lunchable.
- I'm really, really trying. But coke zero really isn't doing it for me. #imisscoke
- Waiting for a post-assignment massage and pedicure. So glad I saved that giftcard from my birthday. Thanks @BN2L.
- Why is Daddy in jail? Because he took his shirt off in Walmart. - I'm only half way certain my kids know the opera at camp is not real.
- I forgot that coming home from assignment is like Christmas for my kids. It's good to be home.
- 12 hours, 557 miles, 4 states, 2 extra hours of major traffic, 6 pitstops, 4 movies, 4 tv shows, 1 car sick incident and 1 minor meltdown later - we have arrived.
- In the drive thru line thinking of a code word for milkshake so my kids don't know. I don't want to share.
- As Sophie approaches 3 years old, I realize I never her to to show "2" on her fingers.
- I hate the bird that drops the eggs. Makes me so mad. #angrybirds

And one I haven't tweeted yet:
- Sophie is currently narrating life to the tune of "Little Drummer Boy." #interestingchoiceofsongs

No comments: