Last weekend we went back to East Brady for the annual "River Reunion." I can't remember the last time we were there because we usually have an assignment in July. It could very well have been before we were married - or 2000 or 2004. Either way, it's been a long time. This particular place has been in my mom's family for 52. So the reunion is a gathering of friends and family who have been blessed by what the river has to offer in relationships, fun and memories. It's pretty special. I didn't take many pictures, but here are a few.
 |
| Millie watching the kids swim. |
 |
| Preparing the meat to cook all day. We had 4 different kinds of meat on the spit that cooked over the fire all day. |
 |
manicure time with aunt sara. notice the kid's sized wheel barrow. sophie pushed that around most of the weekend. |
 |
| suckering uncle jim into a bike ride |
 |
| "sharing" pap's dip |
 |
| carving the meat |
 |
| we had 9 or 10 tents and 2 campers plus people that stayed in the house. |
 |
eugene, kristen, kevin, me & adam we are all about the same age and learned to ski around the same time when we were kids. | | |
|
|
|
When we were there a couple of weeks ago:
 |
| We did some boating |
 |
| and tubing (me & ted) |
 |
| and more tubing (me & soph) |
 |
| and lots of jumping off the boat into the river |
My Mom spent a lot of time at the river as a kid, and she shared that with us. I spent a lot of time at the river as a kid, and I'm sharing that with my kids. I'm thankful they love it and I'm hoping they will learn to appreciate it as much as we have. We've been twice this summer, which is twice as much as past summers. Now that we live so much closer, I'm hoping to make this a much more regular thing!
No comments:
Post a Comment