Ben's cousin Joanna and her family moved to Morgantown at the end of July. We have been less that helpful to them (actually Joanna has been super helpful to me with my childcare issues). We're hoping to see them much more once we get into more of a routine. But really, our life has no routine. Nor is it ever "normal." Anyways, a couple of weeks ago after school, the kids and I went out on their boat on Cheat Lake. Very, very fun!

Ted even took a shot at knee boarding and did very well. Even went without hands. He loved it and was quite proud of himself. I was pretty surprised myself!
We've had a lot of car sharing recently. This is one day waiting to pick Ben up at his office.
These were all things found in Ben's car when he cleaned it out so we could all ride in it.
Blue cupcakes.
That reappeared a day later as a horrible greenish/blue color. Freaky.
Ted kept forgetting (or at least he said that was the problem) about the "no jumping on the couch rule." So, since he doesn't have enough money is his "save jar" to replace it if he breaks it, I helped him remember the rule by having him write, "I WILL NOT JUMP ON THE COUCH" 10 times. Seems to have done the trick.
Friday night we initiated Wyatt & Lilly on the PRT. We rode from Walnut Street to the Med center.
The boys ran some races, climbed a tree,
and practiced their pull-ups.
The girls did whatever they did to the tree. Then we rode back. Fun times.
Sophie and her friend Addie at Ted & Elliot's soccer game this morning. We really should not have been there on principle alone. We sat in a lot of rain for 6 year old soccer. So very wrong.
I took this picture after a very rough (ok, horrible, terrible, no good, very bad) drop off for Sophie on Thursday. I needed a reminder that she's sweet and kind. I'm thankful for sleeping kids. No matter what kind of day you had, it's encouraging to know that tomorrow's a new day.
Sophie didn't have enough hands to carry all her stuff she was responsible for after soccer practice. So she put her coloring paper in her mouth. At least she's creative.
Ben and I did a little rodeo tonight at our church picnic for the community. That's hard without a sound system. But fun was had by all who participated. Thanks, Charleston, for sharing your goods. People at church are still getting to know us and aren't really too familiar with Young Life. It's interesting watching them be fascinated with us or the things we do. Believe me people, we didn't think of any of this. But they're learning to not be too surprised anymore. I think it was the "Oh My Gosh" video Ben played one week before one of his sermons that started that ball rolling.






No comments:
Post a Comment