We had a super nice Thanksgiving. I really enjoyed the time with our family's. Thursday we drove to New Martinsville at had lunch with Ben's family. After several weeks of being super sick, Terri put on quite a spread. So good.
| Sophie waiting for dinner |
Then we had dinner with my family. I love when my kids get to play with their cousins. And a good game of Apples to Apples is always in order. Mom did a great job with dinner, too!
| Carlyn, Trey, Ted, Sophie & Graeson |
Then I got together with my sweet friends Friday night. We try to do a weekend each year but it's been so hard in this season of life. Last year we missed altogether. This year we had an overnight. Such a gift to be together. I'm so glad we made the effort. We did figure out that we need a minimum of 24 hours, though. The annual "Sunday (in this case, Saturday) morning, no one has
showered" photo. We NEVER take a picture when we look nice. Always the
morning we lave. So now it's just tradition!
| Carissa, Janny, Emily, Bethany & me |
Our sweet kids got to play together for about an hour. Bethany's kids didn't make it - it was kind of impromtu. Bethany is pregnant with #3. So, if she has girl, we will be able to arrange all their marriages to one another!
| Emalynn (5), Sophie (4), Will (5) , Cayden (8), Ted (7) Not Pictured: Ellie (5), Hudson (3) & Baby #3 |
It is "No Shave November"
| Jordan and Ben comparing beards. |
So we brought some PJ's Pizza home to wash down 3 days of crazy eating. I'm on a steady diet of lettuce and other fibrous foods this week.
We put our tree up Saturday night.
Sophie did the star. That's the star we bought for $0.99 the first year we were married. We've just decided this is the one we're just going to keep.
I LOVE our tree. We randomly bought an artificial tree 4 or 5 years ago after one too many Charlie Brown trees. We got some big bulbs and actually have so many of our own ornaments that are so meaningful.
And this is what I was waiting for since we've moved in. My beautiful stair case with our stockings.
No comments:
Post a Comment