I had such a fun birthday! I am not a big birthday celebrator, but I definitely felt celebrated and loved. It was such a blessing and I want to be aware in passing that along to others. A phone call, a card or even a text really mean a lot.
It started on Friday when Ben and I went to dinner and then to watch the movie Lincoln. Great movie! We went to see Argo not too long ago and The Hunger Games earlier in the year. I've loved going to the movies lately. We used to watch movies (renting and going to the theatre) ALL THE TIME the first couple of years we were married. I think we got busy and Ben started seeing the late night movies with guys. I could really be an avid movie watcher if they weren't so darn expensive. I don't do well at home because I just fall asleep!
Saturday my parents came over to watch Ted's basketball game and then we had lunch and the Monster Cookie at Cheddar's. That is now the standard birthday place. Monday, Ben made a yummy dinner AND cleaned up the kitchen. He got me flowers and cupcakes from Coldstone. A friend stopped by with flowers and a gift. Another friend wrote me the sweetest message. Several friends called. I got a blizzard, apple pie and lunch from the SRC staff through the week- that was a particular surprise and blessing.
Ben got me a bike for my birthday! I am so excited. Since we moved to Morgantown I've really had a dream of being a bike riding family. With all the rail trails, there's no reason we can't be. Now that Ted has a bike and is a good rider, and Sophie can get a bike for her birthday or be pulled in the bike trailer, there's no reason we can't be. And it's something that we all really love to do, which is the best part. I want to be active together at something we all really love. I was riding Ben's old road bike. It's too big, requires me to be bent clear over and is not conducive to being aware of kids around me. This new bike is so great! I'm super ready for warm weather.
This is the only picture I have from my 33rd birthday. It was a darn good one, though! I'm thankful for the people in my life and want to be intentional about celebrating them.

No comments:
Post a Comment