Last week it occurred to me that, for the first time in a very long time, we are not in a season of major anticipation, change, adjustment or life change. It's definitely been since I got pregnant with Sophie (going on 6 years), but could possibly go back as far as before I got pregnant with Ted. No major changes like new jobs, moving, leaving jobs, being pregnant, having a baby, health issues, finding preschools, buying or selling a house. No adjusting to any one of those things and the many, many months that sometimes takes. No anticipation of what might be or is coming next. This, my friends, is a season of stability. Oh, we're still raising $12,000 to pay for the bus to camp and some scholarships. And we still need to raise about $30,000 to finish up this year's Young Life budget in the black. But that's the norm. That's ok.
I'm good with this season of life. Really good. And I think I'll sit here and soak it up for now because I know it won't be this way forever. So I'll enjoy it while it lasts.
Some new pics:
Sophie is going to be a flower girl in June for Ben's cousin Shae. We went to New Martinsville for the weekend to do my sister-in-law Heather's baby shower and Shae's bridal shower. Sophie attended both with the "big girls" and modeled her flower girl dress.

This is so old! Ted's been doing little fix it jobs around the house with the tool box. This was him replacing the license plates on our new van.
To pooped to party. This is obviously old because Ben still has his massive beard.
So glad that thing is gone.
So glad that thing is gone.
Sophie before soccer practice talking to the ants she found on the sidewalk.
Enjoying the nice weather. Love this girl so much!
The "beautiful flowers" Sophie picked for me and the picture she took of them.
This was before school about 2 weeks ago. Shorts, skirt, no coats. YAHOO!
Sophie is a girly girl - dresses, jewelry, lip gloss and nail polish. I love it! But I also love that she's not the least bit afraid to get dirty. The girl knows how to dig some dirt in the backyard.
Lastly, two quick funny things:
1) Sophie to me the other day: "Mom, I'm very good at painting other people's nails. I would paint yours if you asked me." She fed that line to my mom and she fell for it, hook, line and sinker.
2) Ted and I were having a little chat the other night about not talking all the time, especially when we're trying to get out of the house. Sometimes we need to get our shoes on, get our stuff together and get out of the house without so much talking and stalling. We can talk in the van when we're all settled. He said, "But Mom, I love to talk. I'm so good at it. It's one of my talents." Of course it is, Ted.







1 comment:
First time I have seen your mother with painted nails in 30+ years!!!!!!!
Also Ben I told Sophie the next time you take a nap with no socks on to paint your toe nails. So when she does it is my fault.
Love you all, Gary Pap!!!!!
Post a Comment