So it was Spring Break last week. And everyone on Twitter had something fun to say about somewhere with nicer weather or at least skiing if the weather was cold. I saw all kinds of stuff with some sort of SB2k13 hashtag.
Us? We hung out in the tropical city of Morgantown where the weather was (and still is) no where near what you would consider spring break-ish. We did have an excellent week as a family though. We didn't need to travel anywhere to spend some much needed time together.
Some highlights of our week included (with no pictures):
- Sophie playing soccer
- cleaning out the basement (not fun but makes me feel a lot better)
- lots of basketball watching
- family date night to see "The Croods" and dinner at Chili's (giftcards!)
- 2 days with their favorite babysitter
- 1 day playing with friends
- lots of time in pj's (Ted comes home and puts on his pj's no matter what time of day it is and no matter the fact he might be leaving again in 30 minutes)
- Monopoly (Ben loves Monopoly and has passed that love on to Ted. I hate it. But we've played several time late into the night.)
- catching up on missed episodes of Duck Dynasty. (That show makes me laugh HARD!)
- not having to pack lunches in the morning
- Grandma and Gary Pap came over for a day (Gary Pap is starting some house projects)
- a girl's night out for me
- Ben being home every evening
- Easter dinner with 11 leaders (I cooked my first bad ham. I usually accidentally make such a good one. I'm going to say it was a bad ham to start with and leave it at that.)
- And our trip to Pittsburgh of which I do have pictures. We hit the museum, rode the incline, swung by Ikea and had dinner at Steak 'N Shake.
Then there was the painting of eggs:
And that's all the fun we could handle for Spring Break 2013.
Then there was the painting of eggs:
And that's all the fun we could handle for Spring Break 2013.



1 comment:
Brilliant how you kept the eggs from rolling!!! I used towels, and so they got dyed...
I'll use your idea next year!!
Post a Comment