- SPRING HAS SPRUNG and I feel like a new person. After what seemed like a very long winter with few peeks of spring, it came with amazingness this week. Winter started with a snow day before Halloween (and a blizzard from a Hurricane in many areas of WV) and lasted until the first week of April. Last week, I sat absolutely frozen at Sophie's soccer practice. This week, I felt like I should be going to the pool after work. I think the best thing is knowing that winter is truly behind us. I love this weather for several reasons:
1) We are outside all evening. Ted immediately goes for the basketball hoop and Sophie for her bike. We are going for walks, bike rides, and playing at the park.
2) Grill Season! Grilling is so much easier. So much less cleanup. We eat outside and I LOVE it! I may or may not be considering a paper plate summer.
3) No coats, gloves, hats. Walk out the door. Mornings are so much better.
4) Flip flops! Tuesday morning I proclaimed that it was a crime to wear sandals without painting your toe nails. Ted asked if I would get arrested. I guess I should choose my words more wisely.
- Ted is playing baseball. Sophie is playing soccer. Sophie has one speed in soccer - slow. But she loves it and gets herself completely ready each practice. I'm very, very thankful for the socks that have the little shin guard inserts. Ted is really liking baseball and we are on Wyatt's team again!
- I really, really want to paint my kitchen and my dining room. I just can't seem to get up the gumption.
- I love our house. My dad has been doing home repairs, and I've been doing some outdoor upkeep. It's actually fun to be a homeowner to this house. We can do lots of things that make a big difference that aren't huge remodel projects. My Dad is awesome for all the time he's been putting in. The man has a vision, that's for sure. I might even plant some flowers!
- In February both of our cars died. I knew back in the fall that we would most likely need to replace both of them come spring. It was quite a source of anxiety for me. A very generous friend gave us a newer than our old Honda Accord. Which allowed us to buy a new van. We bought my dream car - a Honda Odyssey. It's a very basic 2010 - no bells or whistles. I love it. I debated whether or not to get another van, but we use it so much as a passenger vehicle that I decided it was totally worth it. Every time I get in either of the vehicles, I am so very, very thankful. No illuminated lights on the dashboard is a beautiful thing.
- Today I spilled unset jello all over the kitchen floor. That stuff is incredibly sticky. I was mopping away when Sophie came in a said, "Oh Mom. I would have licked that up for you!"
- I miss nap time in my day. A lot. Especially in the spring when I could be sitting on the back deck in the sun.
- I'm currently figuring out childcare for the summer. That's all I'll say about that.
- We had parent teacher conference just before Spring Break. I know that parent/teacher conference may not always be such a blessing, so I'll be thankful for these. Not necessarily in an academic way, although they are both doing great. But more in making good choices and being a good friend. Ted has been super helpful with 2 new students in the class that each have their own hardships. Sophie has been been a good friend to some of the harder to get along with "citizens" in her class. I'm proud of them both.
- Ted is a reading fool! Those months of learning to read are so, so painful. We've crossed that hump and listening to him read is like music to my ears.
- Our days are full. Very, very full.
No comments:
Post a Comment