Wednesday, June 5, 2013

mohawks & high heels

So Ted wanted a mohawk. I told him he could have one for the summer.  Last summer Ben gave him one. We'll just say that we both had different visions for it. So we went to get it cut last week at the guy who does mine and Sophie's hair.

Before:


And this is what he came home with. I love it. Ted spent a lot of time in front of the mirror for about a week. But has since decided he wants it buzzed. Too high maintenance. I'm fine with that.


Ben and Sophie looking through her end of the year stuff.


At the end of April (seriously, long time ago) we went to see David Crowder in Pittsburgh. Very excellent concert. 

Matt and Rachel Carlson were kind enough to invite us to the concert with them. 

We went to Teays Valley for Memorial Day Weekend. The Ridge churches do a pastor swap and somehow Ben got on that rotation this year. He spoke at RRC-Teays Valley. So we spent some time with Uncle Andy and Aunt Courtney.

We place a great game called "Dicecapades." Ben and Andy had to arm wrestle for one of the challenges. Being opposite handed they had to do both hands. I don't remember who won this particular match. Sophie and I were winning until the very end when Andy and Courtney made a real comback on the trivia questions. I'm pretty sure Ben & Ted vs Me & Sophie vs Andy & Courtney was really not a fair match up.


We hit up Orange Leaf after church for some yogurt with weird toppings.

It was a beautiful weekend. The boys watched the kids ride bikes.


And played some punchout. 

Courtney and I took Sophie to the mall to get her ears pierced.



They promptly passed out in the car.

Pre-K graduation day.


 Ted found Ben's old wallet and filled it with all the leftovers from everyone else's wallet. Including the ID picture card we get each year from school pictures.

He was trying to make it as big as Gary Pap's wallet. So he put some post-it notes in it. Clever!

These things are my favorite. This is Sophie's top take aways from PreK.

What did you learn about in Pre-K?
About being good

What do you want to learn in Kindergarten?
to read

What is your favorite thing in pre-k?
eating lunch

Who is your very best friend?
Avery

When you grown up, what do you want to be?
a mommy

When you have your own money, what will you buy?
high heels

No comments: