The days are sunnier, longer and warmer. The fog is lifting in my brain. In general, the weather has been nice. Not that there's been tons of nice days. Those days are just so much more appreciated. The trees and flowers are starting to bloom. Color is coming back. We've been outside every second we can. It's amazing the difference that it makes for everyone. The time change automatically pushes bedtime back, but I'm really ok with that.
This was the week of Spring Break. We woke up to this on Wednesday morning. By the time I got to the Goshen Road exit (about 5 minutes down the interstate) there wasn't even know on the ground. We thought this might have been our last snow. But it wasn't.

When the kids were gone for Spring Break I went to my first ever Young Life College Club.
We did a women's retreat for South Ridge Church two weekends ago. It was such a blessing to be able to be with all this women. The theme of transparency was very relevant to all of us. I was one of the 5 women from our church that spoke. It was definitely a challenge to do that but I'm thankful I was given the opportunity. Rachel and I did the program part. Sometimes I still don't think people really know what to think of us.
And it snowed Sunday morning when we left. Surprise!
But the past two weeks have been much warmer. Last week, Ben, Ted and I did some jogging on the rail trail and Sophie rode her bike. She got a little ahead of us and picked some flowers - from one of the little park areas. Oops!
We had a family viewing of Frozen last Saturday. Ben had yet to see it. I wanted him to love it as much as I do. He was pretty irritated with Princess Ana agreed to marry Prince Hans when they had known each other all of a day.
Last Sunday we placed 21 new leaders in the Mountaineer Area, including 4 leaders to the new Capernaum ministry. Capernaum is Young Life's ministry to kids with special needs. So proud of all these kids. You can view all the pictures from leader placement night HERE.
Just playing in the puddles.
And teaching us about the great state of West Virginia.
We went to the Muppets Most Wanted last Friday with our friends Madison and Matthew. It was ok.
Yesterday we went bowling with the Kozels.
I feel like we give the college students and The Lair some entertainment on a Friday night.

And today it was 75 degrees and sunny. It was absolutely beautiful. It's rained several days this week. It's so weird to walk outside in the rain and be warm. There's been a few thunderstorms. It's beautiful.
We had baseball practice for Ted today. A dinner at the church where Ben has his office. And Sophie went to her sweet friend Anna's Frozen themed birthday party. So on the way home, we rolled down the windows, turned up the music and sang our hearts out.












No comments:
Post a Comment