Friday, April 4, 2014

spring saturdays

We were supposed to go to Charleston a few weekends ago with Ben for the high school boys basketball tournament. It's an annual tradition - he parks himself at the Civic Center and we visit friends. For multiple reasons I decided not to go this year. Ben was at Lake Champion all week before for assignment team training. Then he drove into town, switched cars and headed to Charleston. That Friday I spent the day with a friend and her daughter which is a large part of why I stayed. Saturday we had absolutely nothing on our calender.

Both kids were in my bed at 6:30 am. To make up for breaking the "don't wake mommy up on Saturday morning" rule, they made me breakfast in bed. Ted made me yogurt and granola.


And Sophie decorated a bottle of water for me.


We've had a couple of Saturdays that have been really beautiful. On this day, we played outside all day. Joanna brought the kids over and we played at the park awhile. After they left, Ted played some more basketball with some friends at the park. Sophie rode her little bike around and I went for a run above the park. It was really awesome to give Ted the space he wanted but still be able to keep an eye on him. And I got some exercise in.


We topped of the day at Dairy Queen. Not because I wanted to be a nice Mom, but because I just wanted a blizzard for myself. Sometimes I do these fun things for my kids simply because it's what I want. And it just happens to be something they love too!

Spring is so close. It still snowed two more times after this particular weekend. But we're getting there. And it feels so GOOD!

No comments: