Tuesday, July 22, 2014

interrupted by jen hatmaker & a give away

So I was chosen as one of 250 bloggers to read and do a book review for Jen Hatmaker's revised and expanded book Interrupted: When Jesus Wrecks Your Comfortable Christianity. It's a book I've wanted to read for awhile so a free copy and a time frame that I have to read it and review it is super helpful to the whole process. (Sometimes books tend to pile up on my nightstand with good intentions but less time that I would like to read them). I started it Monday and have already read a big chunk. My goal is to finish while we're on assignment. 

Until then, you can buy your own copy HERE with a 20% discount if you purchase by July 31st.

I'm also giving away a free copy so someone can read it with me. All you have to do is leave a comment on the blog about why you would like to read this book and your email address. I'm working out the kinks on picking the winner, but I promise it will be fair. (Or maybe only two people will respond and I'll do "eeny meeny miny moe.") Either way, it's all good. Leave a comment by Saturday at noon and I'll announce the winner on Sunday afternoon. 




And as a side note: Jen Hatmaker is one of my new favorites. I read her book 7:An Experimental Mutiny Against Excess which is one of my all time favorites, my Thursday morning Bible study did one of her early studies last Fall and I keep up with her blog. The thing I love about Jen (I feel like I'm on a first name basis with her) is that she's real, open, honest and FUNNY! I like funny. She's not afraid to show her junk. And I always appreciate good junk with a healthy does of funny. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

laura tuel! i'm with you on loving the JH funny. would love to read this with you. acboles@gmail.com.

Jaclyn and Tyler said...

Laura! I'd love to read with you! Her Facebook is too funny! I feel like I am in a quiet and comfortable slump right now where I am blaming all the crap in my life on me and on unfairness. I need some calling to the carpet.

Anonymous said...

Loved 7! This one sounds awesome. If I can keep up with you, I would love to read it.
rtistic@suddenlink.net