Thursday, July 31, 2014

friends who are family & family who are friends

This summer has been marked by spending time with family who are friends and friends who are family. It's a beautiful thing I've been learning about and really thankful for as I've seen it manifest itself in several ways.

We haven't spent nearly as much time with the Kozels as I would love to. But the time that we spend together is always good. They were gone for 2 weeks and now we're gone for 2 weeks. Before we take turns leaving and in between, we meet for ice cream (either at the gun shop - I'm not lying - or Dairy Queen). Last ice cream meeting turned into seeing the new house they are building. It's about 12 minutes from us on our side of town. It's beautiful and we are so very thankful that we both live in Morgantown now and these kids get to grow up as cousins together!


These two are family who are friends most of the time. They've found ways to really jab at one another for the summer. But for the most part, they really do love and care for one another.


Bethany, Carissa, Janny & I got together in New Martinsville mid-July. We used to do a girls weekend every year, but the last few years we've been hit or miss. We're already planning for 2015 so we make sure it happens.

And we sure are thankful for technology and the ability to Facetime. These girls are my longest friends.


And some of my other favorite people. These women were my friends in college who I've reconnected with since moving back to Morgantown. Super thankful Carissa came to town to add to the fun. (Abby, Clare, Carissa, Lauren and Laura).


We've spent quite a bit of time with the Underdonk's. This was on a Monday Funday. It was supposed to be a trip to Idlewild but it rained too much so we went to the Pittsburgh Science Center - along with everyone else in Pittsburgh. Love these guys so much and so thankful our kids love each other so much.


We are at Rockbridge for the August assignment. We came a day early to see these (and more not pictured) fine people that were here for the July assignment. So good for my heart to see them. So sad to not have spent the month with them.


 Kristen and Megan may actually be our longest friends. They lived down the street from my Grandma when we were growing up. Still love seeing them at the River.


And we got to see Sara when we were in Pittsburgh. I love spending time with her. I love even more that my kids love spending time with her.


I had lunch with my cousin Brandi one day. I've so enjoyed my time with my cousins at the River. (Pictures escape me for these!) And the list could go on. These are just the moments I've captured on my phone.

In general, I'm super aware that not everyone has friends that are family or family that are friends. And somehow I get to have both!


No comments: