Summer is kicking my butt. I am absolutely exhausted. Tonight was the first night in weeks that the kids have been in bed before 10pm. It was actually in bed 8:45pm. The wheels fell off today and Sophie even took a nap. I would've died for a nap. Everyone's about hit their limit.
I feel like I walk this fine line in the summer of needing to work, do things around the house, and get camps planned while at the same time doing fun things as a family and not have the kids spend their entire summer with a babysitter or indoors. We play into the late evenings, are gone most weekends, and fall into our beds at night. Thankfully we instituted a great chore schedule with commission (thank you, Dave Ramsey) for the kids this summer. It's because of that my house is still liveable.
So, some pictures in review of the last several weeks.

A couple of weeks ago was Big Kick Soccer Camp at South Ridge. On this particular days, the kids helped me load the van at Sam's with supplies for snacks and the hotdog dinner for campers, families and volunteers.
One night after BKSC we watched the Isaacs/Allen wedding video. These people are too pooped to party.
This was our second year of Big Kick at South Ridge. We had 134 kids. It was great. I'm so proud of all our volunteers!
The same week of Big Kick was baseball playoffs. Ted and Wyatt ended up playing a double header in the melting 95 degree heat for the championship. The Cardinals won, but the Nationals put up a good fight. Wyatt's team actually played a triple header that day. It hasn't been that hot since.
The Washington Nationals
1st and 2nd place teams - we had 4 red teams in our league this year. It was awesome to figure out who was who.
Parents capturing the baseball awards.
Some leaders came over one evening to play at the park. We watched a great storm roll in while we played.
Ben had breakfast with Derek and Lisa one day and the kids got to see them for a minute.
We had some kids do some painting and yardwork for us as a work project. Sophie found herself a really awesome slug.
We had a Funday Monday with the Kozels. We went to Coopers Rock for a hike and picnic on the Rock City trail. It had rained that morning and was a little wet. But we made the most of it.
We played at the playground and then spent the afternoon at the pool.
One afternoon we spend with the Underdonks at the pool and then dinner, the park and Ben's softball game. I love this picture. I hope these kids are friends as long as their mom and I have been friends. 20 years this summer - that's crazy! And wonderful!
So that takes us up to, but not including the 4th of July weekend. And I'm going to bed.


















No comments:
Post a Comment