These have been some of my recent favorite things. As I write this out, I realize a lot of them are quite nerdy.
- Audible - For about a year I have been listening to books on my drive to work. 3-4 days a week I spend an hour in the car by myself on the way to and from work. Occasionally when it's just the kids and I traveling together, they watch movies and I listen to a book. I love it. I've gotten a lot of "reading" done this year that I wouldn't have gotten otherwise.
- Notes/Messages/Reminders for Apple Products: Basically my list included the new notes app on ios9, texting from my computer and my reminders app. Plus the fact that my laptop, ipad and phone connect all 3 of these?!? How did we ever function with paper calendars and to do lists on post-it notes?
- Tuscan Herb Oil at Rustic by Design: OMG! Chop up some vegetables (broccoli, carrots, asparagus, mushrooms, whatever is in your fridge - we're even eating brussel sprouts around here!), toss in Tuscan Herb Oil and seasoning, grill, throw a little parmesan cheese on it. Amazing! Saute some chicken in it. Dip your bread in it. The possibilities are endless. Straight up awesome.
- Skinny Taste Chicken & Asparagus Lemon Stir Fry: This is my newest favorite dinner. So good and easy. I serve it over jasmine rice cooked with chicken broth in the rice cooker. We eat it at least once a week. I also made Skinny Taste Grilled Chicken Bruschetta a lot this summer with roasted potatoes. I'm waiting for seasonal tomatoes again.
- Nivea In-Shower Body Lotion: I discovered this last winter when Sophie and I were really struggling with dry skin but over the oily feeling of lotions. We both use it all the time. It really helps with winter dry skin and leaves us feeling squeaky clean.
- Mary Kay Skinvigorate Cleansing Brush: I acquired one of these this fall and LOVE it. My face loves it. I don't know how I ever had a clean face without it.
- Google Drive: Back to nerd world here. I use forms and sheets ALL THE TIME to collect, gather and share information with people. It is genius and I love it. I think the other YL Staff in WV get a little annoyed with my love of Google Drive. Sorry I'm not sorry.
- A good haircut: Which includes Sophie's short hair and my long hair. Seriously, I finally got a haircut that allows my hair to be long and not enormous - it's longer than it's ever been. And Sophie's hair is so darling short. I love it. Mr. David is my favorite and I'm very thankful for him.
- Honda Odyssey: Every time I get in our van I am thankful. Seriously. We bought a bottom of the line used Honda Odyssey three years ago and it has been worth every penny and the best vehicle we've ever owned. It has no bells and whistles - and I'm totally fine with that because that's less stuff to break down the road. About once a month we fold down the third row seats and pack that thing from floor to ceiling for some sort of event, or fill it full of high school kids and their stuff, or my kids and their friends. I am darn thankful for it.
- She Reads Truth: This is the app I've been using for Advent devotionals. They are so good and I love it. I very much appreciate the devotional material for this season. I'm definitely going to back Lent.
- Salted Carmel Mocha Frappucino: I am absolutely not a coffee drinker but I do love this. Sophie has a Starbucks gift card so she and I indulged in one of these the other night when we made another trip to Target. (She liked the coffee so I let her get one! She had a really hard time falling asleep that night. Oops!) This is by no means a regular treat. I will probably have about 3 of these this entire season, but I will enjoy the heck of them when I do.
- Dasani Sparkling Water Berry Flavor: I gave up my one a day Coke habit last fall. It was time. If I need something a little sweet I go for a sweet tea. If I need some fizz this is my go to. It was not an easy switch but now I love it. Ben gave up Diet Coke and drinks any flavor sparkling water. I'm a little more picky.
1 comment:
Great! I'm downloading the Advent app! I totally trust your recommendation! :)
Post a Comment