Friday, December 11, 2015

november 2015

November flew right on by right behind October.


Ben and I took our friends Roger and Janny to a WVU Football game. I honestly don't even remember who we played. It was the game we won after a few beat downs. So it was a refreshing win.

 

 

Bethany even stopped by. Love these girls!

 We've spent some Friday nights at WyldLife. Sophie is the hula hooping queen.

 We went to see the Peanuts Movie with the Underdonks and the Kozels on whatever that Tuesday was that we had off of school. We tried for a picture - this was the best we could do. The movie was ok. Not our favorite.  A little slow. But a fun no school thing to do.


 Since the end of September each car has been in the shop for regularly scheduled maintenance (bummer that they were both really big ones) and major repairs. So about every other week I spend several hours waiting at the car place. Now both cars drive like a dream now. 

In addition to that we had our basement floor chipped up and our backyard dug up to replace our main sewer line out of the house. Thankfully this only took 2 days and was minimal water interruption.


The one tree in our yard dumped all it's leaves. We're ahead of the game this year and actually bagging the leaves in the Fall instead of in the Spring. Progress, people.




Ben at Sophie's Thanksgiving program. I went to Ted's. They did a cute reader's theatre. Not good for pictures though. Way too many people crammed in a tiny classroom.


I think this is back when we had dinner at Texas Roadhouse for Ted's birthday. Do you know they have $.99 kids meals on Monday nights? And if you go before 6pm there are $8.99 adult meals. We can eat for a family for right around $20 - with leftovers!


We had Fall Weekend the weekend before Thanksgiving. Mountaineer Area took 175 kids. It may have been our best ever as far as the kids that went, the response and the straight up FUN! 

Mountaineer Area Leaders - love these guys!


Ben and John did program together. It was a lot of work but they were great. And they had a lot of fun together. I love their friendship!

We spent the better part of Thanksgiving break on the couch. It was not our kids' dream Thanksgiving break. (And I am currently being reminded of what snow day after snow day looks like. I miss the outdoors.) Ben and both kids had the coughing, sneezing, snot thing until Thursday. We went to New Martinsville Thursday morning had a double Thanksgiving and came home on Friday. Thursday and Friday were 65 and awesome. We ate dinner on the back deck and my parents.
Here are my parents grandchildren. How hilarious is Trey holding Reed? I'm pretty sure he's never held a baby in his life.


 Sophie with a 30 second snuggle with Reed.


 We came home Friday and got the tree up. I love the tree - I hate putting it up. The kids LOVE the ornaments. I've gotten them each a new ornament each year that represents their year. Now the kids love remembering what they mean and putting them on the tree.



Towards the end of Thanksgiving break, Ted was so bored that he took to wrapping things around the house to put under the tree. Sophie was only fooled once when she thought she was opening new things that turned out to be the old things!

No comments: