Just a few last pictures I had to get my hands on. I'll be done with Saranac after this. I promise.
Week 4, Day 7 these kids and I did the ropes course.
Ted, Owen, Sophie & Mary
I couldn't send my kids up in the trees without another adult so I volunteered to go with them. (Susie's up next year!)
Listening carefully to all the instructions.
They were brave and awesome!
I hate heights. My body ached for a couple of days after because I was so tense and held on so tight they entire time I was up there.
We hit up the Woodman Games in Tupper Lake on Week 2, Day 7. It's a tradition for the property staff. The interns entered a team in the greased pole competition so we went to watch them. On a whim, Ben, Drees, Phil, Scott and 3 interns entered the tug-of-war contest. They won 3rd place (out of 3) and a whopping $50. They set themselves up a tab at the snack bar with their winnings. It was so great, and muddy!
This was their cheering section. We cheered more out obligation than belief that they could actually win. There's no pictures of the other two teams. If you saw them, you would totally understand. (Sorry, guys!)
A boy cheering on his dad.
This was the weather our last two weeks. 80(ish) degrees. Real feel 85(ish) degrees. Low humidity. Perfection!
This is what we came home to: 95 degrees. Real feel 108 degrees. Amazingly humid.
So that's it. The month in it's entirety. It was a really hard adjustment coming home. Three of the four of us cried when we left. Ted had a really hard time. It seemed like he was having a mid-life crisis at the ripe old age of 10 years old. Ben loved his month as head leader. He said he would do it again in a heartbeat. It's hard to come home and wake up with just your family. It's hard to grocery shop and cook dinner. It's hard not be entertained all day. Life is hard. Ha! We're very, very thankful for the opportunity were given this summer.





















No comments:
Post a Comment