Sunday, October 14, 2018

sept 2018

I used to write on the old blog several times a week. 2009 and 2011 were the most blogs (104 and 101 posts respectively). That was when my kids were babies and went to bed before 7:30 pm. Evenings were endless. In 2011 we had just moved, I wasn't working and wasn't super connected yet in Morgantown. 2018 will be my low - this will be post #16 of the year. Everyone get is bed around 9:30 pm and by that time I am 100% done with the day. I used to write about all the funny things my kids did and said and pretty much anything that crossed my mind and our paths. That was also when I spent 24 hours a day with them. As my kids have gotten older, I can't write all the things. Sometimes I have to be rather vague because this is the internet after all. I work full time. They are in school all day. We have stuff to do every evening. But I do want to continue to share the highlights that would go in scrapbooks and photo albums. Someday I want to get each year printed in a book. So for now, I'll do my month in review which basically consists of whatever pictures are on my phone and going over our calendar. And I'll be thankful when this memory pops up on Facebook and I go back and re-read it for many years to come. My goal is to do the month in review less than two months after the month ends. I'm setting the bar real high!

September was rainy. Sunny, warm days were few and far between. But I guess we did fun things on most of the sunny days because all the pictures seem to be sunny.

We ended the summer for the third year in a row with a trip to Wild Ridge with the Bergs.  Emma was still recovering from surgery so she didn't make it out to sleep in the yurts. Next year.


We rode around the property and saw the progress of the engineers and the woods being cleared. It's fun to see clearings for buildings and understand the layout of camp and where the lake will be.


These four standing right in the middle of camp. Someday we'll put this picture up side-by-side.












We jumped in the river at Sweet's Falls

And did some fishing.


We spent Saturday afternoon at the lake by the Bergs (no pictures, but it was so fun!), ate at David's favorite restaurant, and picked up some glow sticks for night time dancing and star gazing.


We finished up the weekend with some serious octoball!


This view never gets old.


We had a Young Life tailgate and got our annual blue and gold pic.


Ryan and Jaime stopped by! Gosh we lived some fun times with them.


So did Benjy and Brody. Brody and Sophie were born 2 days apart. We have pictures of them together in the hospital!


A good old fashioned "stripe the stadium." (The top section is students and they go all gold.)


There's a rogue flower that grows in the sidewalk on the way to the bus stop. They alternate picking it. One day there was TWO and that was a real treat!


Sophie made the chicken nuggets she learned at cooking class. Ted LOVES them!


I traveled a lot in September. One week was for the Eastern Division YL meeting. No pictures except this one of all the regional admins that went. We all know admins rule the world!


Family fun at the MHS Band Spectacular.


Ted and Wyatt on Mountaineer Field.




Flag football game fun.


We dog sat again. And the dog RAN AWAY! She was gone for 7.5 hours. I was sick. The dog eventually made her way back to my front yard with a coat full of burrs. Terrible day! But quite a story to tell.


We went to the Harrison County Young Life 20th Anniversary Banquet. So fun to see all these friends. TWENTY YEARS! Those were good days.



Ted went paint balling with friends and brought home a smoke bomb. That was fun to set off in the backyard!



We spent a Saturday at the Kozels watching WVU football and eating all manner of football snacks. Sophie convinced Lily that she (Sophie) was born a unicorn, so they found a test online to see if they were in fact unicorns. It may or may not have been a bit inappropriate!


7th grade math is killer!

Other happenings in September:
Hurricane Florence
Wild Ridge Fundraiser & ECC Meeting
1 early dismissal & 1 no school day
Buckwheat Festival
a bad haircut
finishing the fiscal year in the black!

No comments: