Ted turned 13 last week. How in the world that happened so quickly, I have no idea. When I think back to the day he arrived early, and the following days, weeks and months, it seems like an entire lifetime ago. And yesterday. Time is funny like that.
I really, really like Ted. He's fun and adventurous and kind. Twelve might have been his best year yet. This year he navigated middle school with maturity. He figured out how to manage some anxiety he had struggled with. He grew a lot spiritually. He had the summer of his life. He finally got to start percussion. He grew several inches. And then several more inches. He got his braces off and one of his two wonky teeth fixed. He read a lot of books (because he had to). He still asks a lot of questions. He was intimated at the boys state basketball tournament. He participated in his first teacher strike. He led worship for preschoolers at church. He went to his first concert. He ran cross country. He's a creature of habit, and has his funny quirks. He loves for our family to all be home together. He is a neat, neat kid.
Some of my favorite pictures of Ted this year:
Please also note the burgundy Nike and neon green shirts and green shorts he wears quite a bit! (Did I mention he's a creature of habit?!?)
Please also note the burgundy Nike and neon green shirts and green shorts he wears quite a bit! (Did I mention he's a creature of habit?!?)
And a few of my other favorites:
And the traditional tour of cakes:
You're the best, Ted! Welcome to being a teenager. You're going to rock it!




















No comments:
Post a Comment