Thursday, August 21, 2008

Potty Training

Potty trianing has been in the back of our minds for quite sometime. Mid-July, we decided that Ted would go to PreSchool at the YMCA (MCIA as he calls it)! But the biggest criteria is that he has to be completely potty trained. So, throughout the summer, we've tried here and there, but nothing major on our part.

On Monday, I mentioned in passing that Ted could have a new toy if he pooped on the potty. About 10 minutes later, he arrived at my side to announce that he had something to show me. And, by golly, there it was - the potty full of poop. Who knew you could ever be so excited about something. So after his nap, we took a family trip to Toys R Us where he promptly picked out a Diego toy. I was quite thankful that he knew what he wanted and we didn't have to wander around the store all afternoon. It took us all of 10 minutes.

So, we're spending time close to home. Still no more pooping in the potty - or anywhere else for that matter which I guess is better than pooping in his pull-ups when we're out. I tried to pass off dried prunes as "Barney fruit snacks." But he didn't fall for that. So I've been giving him striaght up apple juice to help move things along a bit.

If potty training continues this well, he'll be starting preschool after Labor Day. I'll keep you posted . . .

No comments: