So potty training isn't all it's cracked up to be - not that I've really ever heard any glamorous stories about it. It's going fairly well. Ted can pee on command. The hard part is when he's somewhere he doesn't want to be (ie: childcare at the Y while I work out) where he's upset to be there so going to the potty is the last thing on his mind. But we're getting there. My Mom finally got him to eat some of those dried prunes that I tried to pass off as Barney fruit snacks. Now he calls them "pumes." I think I'm just going to try to keep things a little loose. Today we actually had to take some action . . . but I'll just leave it at that.
So, Ben is doing this 2 part sermon series about called "Moments." It's all about those times that God reveals Himself to us and we either see and catch a glimpse of Him, or we're too busy to notice. The past year has been a hard one for me spiritually for too many reasons to name. But I have recently realized that, no matter how much I neglect my relationship with God, He doesn't neglect me. Why He would do that is beyond my comprehension. I think the place that I see God the most is in my children. The way they can make you feel like a crazy person one moment and then melt your heart the next. A lot of it is through their actions and the way they love and forgive in such a pure and gracefilled way. But the other part is how they view the world. Sophie just wants her basic needs to be filled. She wants to snuggle up and be quiet and peaceful. Ted wants to experience life and see and do all that he possibly can. That's what life is about. Living life to the full like Ted, but also being able to slow down and snuggle up to God at the beginning, middle, and end of my day.
Tonight they both had baths. Sophie and I snuggled and watched the news. Ted and I talked about our busy day of going to the potty, and playing with Ben Santen at the Y and the Clay Center. They both smelled so good. And they both gave me their time and their love. This is the life . . .
No comments:
Post a Comment