Thursday, August 21, 2008

"Vacation"

We went on "vacation" at the beginning of August. I wouldn't really call it a vacation with a 2 year old and 2 month old. My uncle has a cottage on the Allegheny River. I spent a lot of time there as a kid and always love when we get to spend time there. My parents always take their camper, Ben took our tent, and I was planning on sleeping in the house with Sophie. Ben wanted Ted to camp out with him in the tent. Ted is in "ask a million questions" stage so all of the outside noises were a little bit much for him. So Ted, Sophie and I ended up sharing a room. We were up each morning at 6:00 am.

It was the week in August that was really cool, so there wasn't much swimming. But we did take Ted on a boat ride. He got to drive and saw lots of turtles, a heron, and the bald eagle that lives nearby. He had a great time.




Sophie keeping warm on the cool mornings.



Ted trying to figure out all the noises in the tent.



Ted driving the boat.

No comments: