Monday, July 5, 2010

big kick 2010

Big Kick Soccer Camp was 2 weeks ago. Instead of VBS at River Ridge Church, we do Big Kick. It's like soccer camp meets Young Life camp. This year was our 7th annual BK - my 3rd. I'll be honest, I work really hard on it. This year was by far the best as far as the stellar volunteers! It made my life so much less stressful! Thank you coaches and those of you who volunteered doing registration, set-up and tear-down, special events, snacks, pictures, program, etc.




Ted really enjoyed playing soccer and asserted himself on the field. That is very unlike him. I think it's time to sign him up for soccer in the fall.




Sometimes camp is a little long for the preschoolers. Our coaches for that age are wonderful. Thank you to whoever's personal library the books came out of daily - all about soccer of course!


Water break!


Sophie joined us for 2 nights and spent the other 3 with my mom. It allowed me to spend the mornings training and transitioning with Betsy - she is taking my Family Ministry Director job - and the evenings doing BK.


But on the evenings that Sophie was there, Bruce was her personal sidekick! That's his job at Big Kick and he does a fine job! Three years ago when I took the Family Ministry Director job, Ted was 2 and Bruce approached me about Sunday mornings. Ben and I both have roles on Sunday mornings and with 1 (at the time) child, it was hard. So Bruce started coming to church early to hang with Ted, read to him, get him donuts, sign him in for his small group and, in general, love on him. Bruce transitioned well into two children when Sophie was born. Without Bruce, my Sunday mornings would have been crazy. I'm beyond thankful for him and that he saw that need even before I did. My kids love Bruce dearly.

No comments: