We drove across Route 7 to New Martinsville Christmas Day in the afternoon. We listened to our "Church in a Box" on the way. There's something really special about thousands of people listening to the same church service on Christmas morning representing 4 different churches. Pretty darn cool.
We opened presents at Doh & Pap's and had our traditional Goddard/Tuel/Slider Christmas lunch/dinner. I love that we can do that.
 |
Aunt Courtney, Thor and Rock Star Girl putting on a concert with the new microphone. Definite the hit gift of the day. |
 |
Second runner up in the gift catagory: some Wii hunting game. All the men played for a long time. A lot of (inappropriate) words and smack talking were exchanged. |
 |
| Ted narrated Ben's new Wii Punch Out Game with the microphone. Not annoying in the least. |
 |
| Sara, Charlie & Laura |
 |
| Aunt Sara and Ted broke out our old legos at Grandma and Gary Pap's. |
Monday afternoon we had the Slider Christmas.
 |
| This is the "lump of coal" my dad gave all the Grandkids for Christmas. |
 |
| We had some serious matches of Connect 4 Launcers |
 |
| And played a lot of Apples to Apples |
We came back to Morgantown Monday evening and got fairly unpacked. Thankfully, because I spent Tuesday in bed/on the couch with flu-like symptoms. Thankfully, Ben was on top of the kids and had a fun play day playing games and playmobil and letting me sleep. Since then, I've been fighting just feeling kind of yucky in general and it has moved on to almost no voice. I have been enjoying long nights of sleep with night time cold medicines.
Wednesday afternoon, we went to Parkersburg for the Morford/Tuel/Goddard/Benson/Kozel Christmas - did I forget anyone? It's been a fun, new thing to do the past 3 years. Although I think we missed last year because I was sick. Must be an annual thing. Thank you for hosting, Aunt Lois. Such a fun, fun evening together!
 |
Ted & Wyatt are 4 months apart. They have always played well together and really enjoyed each other. Wednesday was no exception. |
 |
| Sophie joined in on the fun and did just fine too! |
 |
Ted & Cameron (Ben's cousin) both had the same surgery for arachnoid cysts this fall. Cameron had his in September, Ted in November. Same doctor. |
 |
| Comparing scars. Ted says he wins. |
 |
Sophie (3), Ted (6), Lilly (7 months) & Wyatt (5) Lilly is the CUTEST but does not want anyone but her mother to hold her. Everyone tried to prove Joanna wrong. I believe no one was successful |
 |
| And a good sleep on the way home from plenty of fun and good food! |
No comments:
Post a Comment