Thursday, December 15, 2011

hair - or lack thereof

Not too much happening here. Ted went back to school and got his stitches out 10 days ago. That's kind of a long time! It only took me and 2 nurses and lots of sweat to hold him down to get his stitches out. Since that time, we also went to the doctor for possible strep. The doctor felt so bad for Ted that he didn't even do the strep test. Just gave us the antibiotic. Ted may use to learn his puppy dog eyes with all doctors.

However, Ted has lost two pretty good size chunks of hair. He would not let us get the glue off his head from the surgery and then the paste from the EEG. So, earlier this week, we kind of pinned him and scraped it off. His hair came right out.

This is the biggest spot.
It's the side shot that really gets you. There's also a spot on top of his
head from where they used something to hold his head during surgery.
Then there's the patch to the right. Not nearly as big. But it was the first spot to loose the hair.

We had the back of his hair trimmed a little. I'll take him back in a couple of weeks to do it again. His hair grows really fast so I'm thinking by New Year's it should be pretty much even.  His scar is still tender so we won't be able to do much with the top for now. I need to get over it. He doesn't mind too much. He's thankful for his tobogan he wears to and from school and mostly when we're out.

It's been pretty uneventful around here. Which is what we neeed. We had our Leader/Committee Christmas Party, Ben's 36th birthday, got the year end letters out today, shopped for people that stay at the Ronald McDonald House with the Hoss Foundation and have done a little Christmas shopping. I realized I can no longer Christmas shop with Sophie. She uses no discretion in what she shares with people. So Ben and I actually went on a little lunch/shopping date on Saturday. We've never Christmas shopped for our kids together. It was fun! So, we're officially back to boring. Looking forward to Christmas, some family time and hopefully a couple of days in Charleston.

Ted rearranges the various nativity scenes that we have each day and sometimes lets them interact. Today it was the Little People and Willow Tree Nativity. And he threw in a dinosaur. 




 On a completely unrelated note, Sophie just called for me from bed. When I went to see what she needed she said, "Can I have breakfast in the morning." Yes, Sophie. Yes you can.

No comments: