Things I've noticed recently . . .
- I've gotten into a really bad/frustrating habit of forgetting one MAJOR ingredient for dinner most evenings. And I don't realize it until I'm well into dinner preparation. The second jar of sauce for the ziti. The shells for the tacos. The potatoes for the roast. Seriously, major items. It's come out of no where and it's frustrating the heck out of me - and probably Ben who has to pick up most of these items on the way home from the office.
- The two times I've pursued work outside our home in the past year, it's turned out not-so-hot. And both times the offers fell right into my lap. Most recently, it was a law firm with a little "too goo to be true" schedule and money. Thankfully this most recent job I didn't even actually start. They decided (after they'd offered me the job and I'd accepted and found childcare) that they needed someone full time. And I just can't do that right now. I'm not sure what the Lord is trying to tell me. I'm just trying to do what's best and I can't quite seem to figure out what that is.
- The entire routine of bedtime really brings out he worst in me when I'm on my own. And I hate that. Baths, teeth, potty, drinks, snuggling, more drinks, more pottying. I do love the part of snuggling - especially with Ted and hearing about his day. But everything leading up to that is just painful. Our recent memory verse was James 1:19 - "My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and SLOW TO BECOME ANGRY." That's me at bedtime.
- We took the kids with us to Oglebay this weekend for the annual YL Regional Weekend. There was 50 of us (high school and college students and one other young family) in a 30 person cabin. Plus 15 adults that were at the lodge or came for the day. It's fun to share a vision with people and watch them grab on. And it was fun to have my kids there. They did a really great job. Although my kids may not get to experience some things in world, they get to experience so much richness in people. Between Ted playing knee football with some of the guys, and Sophie finding a new love for gum via Lisa, I'm so thankful for the people in our lives and the things our children get to experience. Tonight Ted topped it all off by being the guy that does "whatever he wants" and gets clocked by the camp linebacker. I'm sure that will go over well when he does that one day at school.
1 comment:
Laura, I will defend you by saying that the minute "bedtime" is mentioned, Ted gets this impish glint in his eye and seems determined to go out with a bang. It's not all you, Laura. Those precious children just love to pull your chain. And I smile for the memories you will have.
Post a Comment