This summer, my blogging skills have gone down the toilet. So has my picture taking prowess. Mostly b/c each day is crammed jammed full of sometimes a little too much. I'm tired at the end of the day. And my camera stays in my purse most of the day. I'm patiently awaiting the newest iphone arrival so I can get an iphone 4 for dirt cheap. I want to have a better camera on my phone. Word on the street is that will be sometime this fall. Here's hoping.
Anyways, I started back to real live work 3 weeks ago. At the end of this week, I'll be the office administrator at South Ridge Church. I've been training with Marcia the last 3 weeks. She's retiring after 6 years on the job (I'm only the 2nd person to ever do this job at SRC) on August 31st and I have some big shoes to fill. We've been working together to get me up to snuff on the job.
I did this same job at River Ridge Church for 3(ish) years in Charleston before becoming Family Ministry Director. We were in similar stages of building a building, moving and all that fun stuff. I've come full circle in this. Having the background knowledge is super helpful. It's just a matter of dredging it up from the recesses of my brain and getting things going.
I'll be working 4 days a week mostly during school hours. I drop the kids at school (well, Sophie starts tomorrow), drive to Fairmont, work, work, work, drive back to Morgantown and pick the kids up from school. I have some "outside the office hours" on Fridays which will allow me to be home with Sophie on her day off. So far, the drive is super easy and I actually enjoy it. Especially since it's mostly interstate. Sometimes driving across Morgantown takes longer and is certainly much more maddening. I'm thankful that we live about 3 minutes from the interstate and I can zip right on.
The past couple of weeks have just been hard b/c Ted is in school and Sophie has been at a variety of places. Sometimes it takes me well over an hour to sit in the pick up line at school, go get Sophie and then get home. My sweet friends have graciously taken her a day each and, in the process, saved me about a gazillion dollars. It's been fun for Sophie to get to spend days with her friends - Andrew & Hamilton; Jack, Luke & George; Anna Grace, Nadia & Aaron; Lilly; Aaliyah & Judah. Thank you, Carrie, Lauren, Clare, Lauren & Joanna.
Ben Tuel gets the "husband/dad of the year award." He has dropped Sophie off each morning. He has been home for our teacher home visit last week. He will go with Sophie to school tomorrow for a half day where parents get to attend (he did that with Ted too, so we're just continuing the trend). And this week, is bearing the brunt of being a one car family. (That's another story for another day!)
So, I'm adjusting to life back to work. It really is a change in how we function as a family and how our house runs. It's also very much a provision and I'm thankful for it. I'm just learning what that looks like.
No comments:
Post a Comment