It was a great end to a wonderful summer. I feel like things really came together after our week at Rockbridge. Summer felt complete. We spent a week with Ben's family. A week with my Dad's family. Two weekend's with my Mom's family. And a week with our Young Life family. We had some adventures on the side as our own little family. We made lots of memories this summer. I'm so thankful for all that we did this summer. It was so very, very fun! As hard as it was at times, it was all worth it.
Yesterday, we had new student orientation for Ted (which left a lot to be desired). Tonight we had meet-the-teacher night and came home with hundreds of forms to fill out. He has a family friend in the class which is helping make the transition a little easier for him. I'm excited for him for 1st grade.
Sometimes you have such different expectations for things than what it actually turns out to be. And, as always, I've learned to go with the flow. The Lord is so sweet in the things He sets before us and I feel like I've seen so much of that this summer. As sad as I am to see it end, I'm ready for the 2012-2013 school year and what it holds in store for all of us.
On a completely unrelated note, here's one last zipline video. Sophie was mute while she waited to go down. Which, as we all know, is a serious undertaking for her. Our friends Heath and Janelle took the kids to the top and Ben and I were at the bottom.
And just b/c it's cool to see the top video connect with the bottom video.
No comments:
Post a Comment