And now for some total randomness:
This boy right here started 1st grade on Thursday. He's at a new school (again!). I'm thankful that a new, sweet friend of ours is in his class. He says that school is long. He also said that about VBS which was 2.5 hours. Sorry, Pal. But, so far, no fights and no tears. Thankfully he didn't put up a fuss when I suggested we cut his mohawk before school started.
My dad came over a couple of weeks ago. With Ben as his trusty sidekick, they spent 36 hours doing stuff on the house. It was fantastical.
Among other things, I got a new fan in the hot sunroom . . .
A new pane of glass in the broken garage window . . .
and (drum roll please) a garbage disposal. It's the small things, people!
Ben had a fight with the toilet and it ended like this. It is currently gorilla grilled and working just fine. Better than duct tape. I thought about taking a picture but I haven't gotten that far.
Ted got to pick out new glasses. He really wanted the ray-bans. But he
he looked a little too much like Squints on The Sandlot. So that was a no go.
he looked a little too much like Squints on The Sandlot. So that was a no go.
I came home from errands the other day and Ted was dressed like this helping Ben do yardwork. I laughed so much. I love his dressing up. He wore something similar to this to walmart the other day with Sophie in a tu-tu. I'm don't want them to get self-conscious ever.
Friday night we had .002% of the WVU student population in our house. That would translate to about 80. We hosted the first Young Life College event of the year and most were freshmen. We had no idea how many to expect but were thrilled (and slightly overwhelmed) with 80. Sunday we hosted leadership. It was quite crowded. But comfortable enough that Millie felt like she could lay belly-up in the middle of worship.
Last weekend I went to Charleston to celebrate this beautiful lady and her upcoming wedding. I went to her shower and a bridesmaids luncheon. Even though I'm not a bridesmaid, I was so thankful to be included. Such a great weekend.
![]() |
| Lunch from Italy - um, unreal! |
![]() |
| The Bride: Adrienne |
Other tidbits of information:
* Sophie starts school next week. We met her teacher tonight. She is so excited and ready.
* I started a new job 2 weeks ago. I'm not totally thrilled going back to work, but if I'm going to, it's the place for me. (More on this later.)
* I have been meaning to mention this for about 2 months but Ted's hair has finally grown in. This summer, just like the dermatologist said, it's back! I can tell a little where it's still thin. But to the average eye, you'd never know. So thankful for that!
* I am STRUGGLING to get the kids back on a schedule. After several months of late night bedtimes, this has not been easy. And they are C.R.A.N.K.Y. Tonight they were in bed and asleep by 7:50. I didn't know what to do with myself.
* Confession: I'm currently on my 4th season of Sister Wives. I honestly don't do reality tv ever. I'm just fascinated and intrigued and sometimes when I start things like this, I can't stop. The downfall of Netflix. This summer I've watched Sister Wives, the Olympics and The Today Show. That's about it.
* And I'm going to go to bed before midnight. Because it's back to the 5:45 alarm. It's quite amazing how my internal clock has gone right back. So has Ted's 6:15 internal alarm . . .











No comments:
Post a Comment