So these people, and some more not pictured, went to Oglebay Park last weekend for our annual River Region Staff, Leader and Committee Weekend. We took:
3 staff
3 staff spouses
5 high school seniors
12 adults
22 WVU Freshmen who will soon start training to be leaders
25 high school/college leaders
4 band/sound people
1 preschooler
1 infant
.For a grand total of 76 people. In a 30 person cabin. Hence the grocery list on my previous post from last week! And people EVERYWHERE.
Ben and Cameron led worship. As always, the talent within our area and around the state is pretty incredible. Kirk, JB and Ben Allen made us laugh hard. (Ben Allen is just one of those people that I use first and last names. Kirk and JB are a standard pair in our house - you can't have one without the other.) Bill Paige spoke to our hearts about living real life along side each other. And taking our junk to go minister beside and to people with all their junk. (That's a pretty crude summary, but it's what I came away with).
It was a great weekend but it WORE ME OUT! On the way home, I was telling Ben that I didn't feel that I got to connect with many people. Then I realized that hospitality is not one of my gifts. So doing stuff like this drains the heck out of me. Plus the cabin was just full of people all the time. So when I had about an hour Friday night and Saturday afternoon, I went next door to Charleston's cabin to just have some space. I didn't even interact with them much because I was just straight up drained.
A great time was had by all. I'm so thankful for all the people that donated food so these guys could be fed physically, and be prepared to be fed spiritually. I'm so proud of the adults that stepped up. It is so very, very encouraging.
No comments:
Post a Comment