At the end of the year, I think and remember and look ahead. It's one of
my favorite times of the year. I feel like if I don't reflect and
process where I've been, I can't learn to go forward and learn and grow.
For the past 4 years I've done Jennie Allen's DREAM GUIDE.
It helps me remember and reflect and look forward. Then I fold it up
and put it in my journal to look at through the year. The list below are
highlights of 2017 as well as the hard life that happened. Some of it
we have prayed for from a distance, and some we have walked through in
the day-to-day with friends nearby. I don't want to forget them because
it all matters. In no particular order:
the Sizicks: YLC and great friends
Washington, DC
6th grade
6th grade
Wild Ridge ECC
tae-kwon-do
Newt's visit to WV
Fairmont girls
new job: regional admin (i love it!)
cross country
marriage retreat
memorial day weekend at the river
memorial day weekend at the river
better year for anxiety
7th grade bible
door falling off the van
our last oglebay
Beth Moore Simulcast
paying off the van
seeing growth in my kids
retainers
Bubba
choir
not making the basketball team
sophie growing out her bangs
Sam & Cooper
walking with friends through deep hardships: marriage & loss of parents
LaCrae
Hurricanes Harvey, Irma & Maria
Ted going to WyldLife
redeemed fall
solar eclipse
Sara making a blanket with Sophie
percussion
milkshakes at the poky dot
splash zone with friends
a white christmas
sergeant bear
beach playlist
theodore boone
YL 5K
ted's super bowl party
ben's clemson trip
cafe cimino
VA tech game
Ted:
sam and cooper
lecrea concert
saranac
carnegie science center (birthday & field trip)
beach
percussion
wild ridge
halloween
6th grade
cross country
washington, dc
superbowl party
5K
Sophie:
disney on ice
staying the night with maisie
seeing aunt sara
wild ridge
saranac
seeing the bergs
beach
poky dot
water park with underdonks
water park with kozels
solar eclipse
Sara making a blanket with Sophie
percussion
milkshakes at the poky dot
splash zone with friends
a white christmas
sergeant bear
beach playlist
theodore boone
YL 5K
ted's super bowl party
ben's clemson trip
cafe cimino
VA tech game
On the last Sunday of the year, our church doesn't have services. It's a
gift to the staff and the volunteers. This morning instead of church,
we sat down as a family and remembered the year together. Ted and Sophie
each made their own Top 10(ish) list. Below are their lists in no
particular order:
Ted:
sam and cooper
lecrea concert
saranac
carnegie science center (birthday & field trip)
beach
percussion
wild ridge
halloween
6th grade
cross country
washington, dc
superbowl party
5K
Sophie:
disney on ice
staying the night with maisie
seeing aunt sara
wild ridge
saranac
seeing the bergs
beach
poky dot
water park with underdonks
water park with kozels
I purge things from our house every August and December. It's tradition.
Yesterday, Ben and I were cleaning out the basement. (After a round of
cleaning out Sophie's room. That's a different animal for a different
day!) I came across boxes of bible studies and journals. The pictures
represent the last 18+ years of my life. Do you know what else this
represents? God's faithfulness. Those are full of questions, joy,
hardships, blessings, gratitude, pain, grief,and growth. I flipped
through some of them and cried over where I've been and all that God has
done.
2017 was a doozie of a year in too many ways to name.
Cheers to 2018!
Cheers to 2018!



No comments:
Post a Comment