Tuesday, May 10, 2011

house hunters

". . . and he determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live."- Acts 17:26

I believe this verse when I look backwards. But what I think of when I look forward is "Lord, help me with my unbelief."

For the past 7 months, some dear friends that we have known for over 15 years have lived literally 90 seconds down the street from us. We've talked everyday. Our kids have played together several times a week. Two separate things brought us to Morgantown. I believe with all my heart that God brought us so close in proximity to help both of us get through this year. They moved on Saturday out of Morgantown. I've been so sad. Really sad. But I see the Lord's hand in exactly where we both lived this past school year.

Looking forward, we've started looking for a house to buy. I am disheartened by what is available in our price range. We will spend approximately 40% more on the exact same house we sold in Charleston. We're not looking for anything fancy or big. Just something that fits our family comfortably and maybe has room for more. Just in case. Ben has much more faith in what we will find than I do.

So my prayer is that God will blow our expectations out of the water. That he will provide for us in ways that we can't even ask or imagine right now. And that the Lord would make the timing perfect for us and for the family who has the house that we currently live in. That they would be blessed by their generosity.

So, I'm believing God for this. So that, hopefully in the near future, we can celebrate what God has provided.

3 comments:

Bethany E. Ward said...

It will happen! Remember last summer when I was freaking out about where to live in Charleston? Remember how you responded? The Lord blesses those who bless others. Praying!

young wife&mom said...

Laura, I can't believe you have that verse on your post--that was the exact verse God led me to--in my 9 month house hunting discouragment about what we wanted and what we could afford. I remember praying--and asking..."Do you even care, Lord' And where we live I believe is EXACTLY where he determined that we would be to the very neighbors that we have. He is amazing--he has his hand on your life and he has a plan much better than you could ever imagine. Perhaps..its Fairmont;) It's much cheaper down here you know! ha. We'll be praying for you too.

The Huffmans said...

SO understand what you are feeling. We actually just closed on our house this week. It was emotional and up and down. I have been reminded of God's kindness to me in the process. I will pray that God will give you hope and joy as you wait on his perfect provision for your precious family. lots of love to you!