So, here are some pictures from our trip. There are many that are on Stacy's camera. I'm working on that. These are in no particular order.
| A beautiful morning walk on the beach. |
| The cup store - Derek introduced me to Tervis Tumblers. Love them! |
| Our view from the deck of Salt Rock Grill - amazing! |
| My dinner at Salt Rock Grill - YUM! |
| A bald eagle was being chased by another bird and dropped this about 10 feet from our beach chairs. |
| We saw these birds mate. WEIRD! |
| Dinner at Scully's. I sat under the fan - not cool. And I had a huge sunburn - not comfortable. Add to that mating bugs - it was quite the night. |
| $6 Custard - it was good. Not sure it was $6 good though. |
| We rented bikes and attempted to ride on the beach. We got about 5 feet. It was road riding for us. |
![]() |
| Mimosa's on the beach. |
| I love palm trees! I don't know why. Just do. |
Some other highlights of the trip:
- flying "first class" - or at least getting the front row with some extra leg room
- pedicures and massages courtesy of Ann!
- dinner at Salt Rock courtesy of my mom!
- poolside book reading (although i forgot my nook charger)
- sitting by the fan at Scully's
- mating season in florida
- sleeping in - I took tylenol pm everynight.
- waking up at 5am to watch the royal wedding. i'm glad that i did.
- text pictures and videos from the kids (i do love technology)
- boogie boarding in crazy current and wind
- naps
- almost reading a whole book
- healthy eating (till the last day!)
- the margarita deck
- long walks on the beach
- no schedules
- talking and talking and talking and talking
It is good to be home though. It definitely was not good timing in so many ways. But I'm so glad that we went and it was super refreshing. I'm grateful that Ben was so gracious with everything and that Doh and Pap had a great time with the kids.
I think my "tan" will last about 2 more days then I'm back to being ghostly. Sigh!


2 comments:
looks like you all had fun. hope you came back as refreshed as i did after my florida trip! im with you on the ghostly white..i gave up years ago on even 'looking' tan for a few days! ha.
you're making me miss the beach!!!! so glad y'all had so much fun! love it! : )
Post a Comment