Friday, July 8, 2011

camp tour

Timber Wolf Lake is one of the most beautiful places I have ever been. It is truly stunning. My camera is kind of on the fritz and it really doesn't do any justice. I wish I had a better camera and the ability to shoot pictures. Greg Isaacs, this would be a hay day for you. I uploaded too many so I'm not going to rearrange and edit. In no particular order . . .

The island in the middle of the lake. This goes to the rope swing, blob and kayaks.
There are also events and other such things on the island.

The beach with the camper dorms behind it.

The playground in front of our house.
The Bunkhouse
This is where we live. It's nicer than any house I will ever live in. There are 10 suites which consist of 2 bedrooms and one bathroom. There's a HUGE great room and kitchen. I feel like I'm living in a Pottery Barn magazine.



The kids' room.
Suite #7 - The Tuel's Suite
These doors are so heavy and there's one to our suite and one to each room and the bathroom. If you know of Sophie's door fetish, you won't be surprised if, by the end of the month, she has stitches from some sort of finger-stuck-in-the-door injury.


Each bedroom has a vanity.

Looking from the kid's room into our room.

Our room. I did the unthinkable and brought our bedroom tv thinking I could get Netlix via the internet. But alas, I can't the internet in our room. Serves me right. Who should bring a tv on assignment? You never know when it's going to be a rainy, rainy month . . .

Another view of our room. HUGE closets.

Seriously, this is beautiful isn't it?

Our bathroom.

The kids' playroom.

The Great Room view from the kitchen.


Playroom and dining room table

Kitchen



Front of The Bunkhouse. I do miss a porch. This is my nap time hang out. There's some shade if I want but usually I just bask in the sun - see the weather report below. Our house is in a small cove on the side of the lake which gives us some privacy while still being near camp. There's beach/lake access and we can stay out of the way of campers.

From our front "porch" area, there is a field and then the play ground.

The Club Room - which is about 50 yards from the dining hall. It's a beautiful thing.

One of the neatest things about this camp is the "plaza" that includes the Dining Hall . . . .

. . . the gym, leaders lounge, snack bar, camp store, summer office and infirmary. Genius!


The kids and I walk around the lake every morning (.8 miles) which takes us by the screamer swing, ropes course, timber carts and other such things. I'll try to remember to take my camera. Beautiful!

The weather has been PERFECT since we got here a week ago. High's in the low 80's. Low's in the 60's. Blue skies. And the best part - NO HUMIDITY!!! I fix my hair everyday and it lasts (Praise Jesus!). We shower once a day and wear the same thing all day except when we swim. No sweating through 3 outfits a day and showering more than once. It's perfect. Absolutely perfect!

To our friends who moved into Petra today . . . we love you and miss you and, well, can't say I'm jealous that we're not sharing bathrooms.

1 comment:

Bethany E. Ward said...

I'm not jealous to not be sharing those bathrooms either :) I can console myself with that one thing! The camp looks beautiful! Sounds like you and the kids are enjoying yourselves so far. Can't wait to hear more!