Wednesday, July 13, 2011

week 2, day 6

We're half way done. 12 days to go. This week the weather was a little cooler and the humidity broke. And, of course, the morning after I blogged about the kids sleeping in they were up at 6:30. I'm going to keep my big trap shut today. Not a whole lot to share. But it's laundry night and that's just what I do. So here you go.

6:30 am - that tv is coming in handy.

The tableau here is "Lumber Jacks" - I'll do pictures of that next week. The sun was way too harsh last week. Sophie was digging on Ben's beard.

Ted & I have been working on his Kindergarten Brain Quest Book. So Sophie's been working on sorting and playing with the Crazy 8 cards.

Sometimes we just go play on the 4-wheeler. On this particular trip, they drove to Wal-Mart, Books-A-Million, Dick's and Target. Good trip if you ask me.

Sometimes you just need McDonald's. Lake City is about 5 miles from camp. Maybe less. It's wonderful to be close to town. And there's a McDonald's and a Dairy Queen. There's a couple of meals here that questionable, so one I promised that we would hit up McDonald's once a month.

The Adult Guest Lodge

We got a care package today from the Thomas/Cline family. It was awesome! Candy, Big East Preview, People Magazine, toys for the kids. It was great!

We finally got some Daddy time today. We had a snack bar date. . .

and played some frisbee.

Sophie drying her hair before the Night 6 dress-up dinner.

Family photo with Gary.


Ted made friends with one of the adult guests. They played football, frisbee golf and other such fun boy things.

1 comment:

Carissa said...

you people and your camp posts are making me miss young life. i didn't even know i could remember back that far! : )