In other things of interest (or not):
- I haven't been to Walmart once this assignment. That's sort of a record. I have been to the little grocery store in Lake City several times. But no Walmart!
- Timber Wolf is much better at fruits and vegetables than other camps we've been to. That's so helpful! I did find a great farmers market in Lake City and I got the best peaches, blue berries and strawberries.
- The other day after dinner, the head leaders mentioned that there was about 30 minutes of free time before club. Ted asked what we were going to do with our free time. Um, Ted, our lives are free time here.
- I finished a book last week. And I finished my latest bible study. I love finishing a good book!
- sometimes cleaning up after people gets old. It would be nice if other people would put their stuff in the dishwasher or take out the trash. But such is part of living in community.
- Ted has two exciting announcements about big things he did, but that's for next time!
| Our Assignment Team. We have people from the Mid-West, Southern and Eastern Divisions. |
Camp Manager
Jan (her husband Steve was here for a week) - new mid-west VP
Speaker
Chris Buda - Pittsburgh, PA; his sweet wife Cyndi couldn't be here this month. So sad for me b/c I love our time together on assignment!
Program
Clinton - New Martinsville, WV
Ben (Laura, Ted (5) & Sophie (3)) - Morgantown, WV
Head Leaders
Chris (Rachel & Gidian (3)) - Washington, DC
Vince -somewhere in the south. I'm not really sure.
Charlemagne - Atlanta
Hope - Minneapolis, MN
Musicians
Jesse & Tyrai (Railyn (8 mo)) - Minneapolis, MN
Dennis - Atlanta
Summer Staff Coordinators
Mark & Melissa - Pittsburgh, PA
Jon & Annie (Kylie (5), Nic (2 1/2), & Raelyn (8 mo)) - Indianapolis
Work Crew Bosses
Jon (his wife didn't come this month) - Indianapolis
Lauren - Indianapolis
John (and Shawna) - Pittsburgh, PA
David - Indianapolis
Miesha - Indianapolis
Justin - Weirton, WV
| burying one of the lifeguards int he sand |
| Sophie was in charge of holding the baby's arms b/c the baby was getting in the food while her mom tried to feed her. |
![]() |
| Ted dressed himself: Steelers shirt, WVU shorts, socks and crocs - ugh! |
| Ted played a round of frisbee golf with Ben, Clinton, Mark, Alex and someone else I don't know. All 18 holes. No whining. He must just whine for me. |
![]() |
| A map Ted drew to make sure we knew how to get around camp. |
| after one of the morning events they turn on the sprinklers. it's pretty fun! |
![]() |
| Sophie wore her pj's and dress up shoes to breakfast the other morning. She wanted to have her picture taken with Melissa who does one of the morning run-on characters. |
| There's a great shade tree by the beach by The Bunkhouse. The other day was HOT but totally perfect under the tree. So we had a picnic after swimming. |
| Alex is one of our leaders and Ben's program tech this month. My kids love him. Ted was pretty excited that they were almost matching the other day. |



No comments:
Post a Comment