It's the beginning of October. Hard to believe. I almost turned on the heat this weekend. But I'm not b/c I gave Andy a hard time about it on Facebook. Stacy Santen called awhile ago and she turned her heat on this weekend. That's a big deal. So I feel way more free to turn on mine! We're going more with the wear you're hoodie and slipper route.
There's been so much happening here. A major thing is that we had our very first Morgantown YL Banquet last Sunday. (We had the Bridgeport banquet 2 weeks before which was a little crazy to have two in two weeks!) It was a huge success financially, relationally, and having people catch the vision and jump on board. We are thrilled about every aspect of it! We made it through the whole first year here without having a banquet in Morgantown. The miraculous thing is that we made it all the way to May without having any sort of reduced salary. We pushed through the summer financially and the Lord has provided in beautiful ways that could only be Him for our personal finances. It's been so fun to be part of. But it's still one of those things that's just out there all the time. Thankfully, we finished the fiscal year (Sept. 30) in the black. It's like a weight has been lifted. Joyous almost.
About 3 weeks ago I nominated myself as the Volunteer Area Administrator. It made me crazy that Ben was spending so much time doing things that I can easily do. I almost had to ask Matt for a letter of reference, but Ben agreed. So, now I'm helping with all the club shopping, some financial things, mailers, thank you notes, registrations for fall weekend and camp, keeping the Club database, Emma Updates and other things that I can do with Sophie, during nap time or while she's at Tuesday School. I love being able to help him so he can do things he's good at and only he can do. I'm blessed to be helping with his end of the ministry and it fills a need for me to be involved with ministry outside our home.
Lastly, I'm going to start leading a women's bible study at South Ridge in a couple of weeks. I've been helping in Family Ministry after the FM Director had her 4th baby! I've loved stepping into a little bit of that role. However, I know that I'm not meant to do Family Ministry forever. And this bible study opportunity has opened up. Women's bible study has changed my life in so many ways - and probably in ways I don't even know. So I'm really excited to share that with others.
There's other things. But not for today. This is long and boring enough! These pictures should liven things up a bit . . .

| It's not cold enough that Ted has to wear his hood. He just automatically wears a hood if there's one attached to him. Don't feel bad for our kids! |
![]() |
| Ted just saw this picture and said, "Who's that?" Fooled himself. And
he's rather concerned he might not have any pants on. I assured him he does. He really does. |
| Sophie's checking out the big, juicy worm/slug thing on the driveway. |

No comments:
Post a Comment