Tuesday, October 11, 2011

stuff

So, I just wanted to say that we are NOT freaked out Ted's surgery. Sometimes I question why we're not because it seems like everyone else is. Obviously, we don't want Ted to have surgery.  However, we are beyond thankful that this is not something way worse. It's not a tumor, it's not cancer, it's not something that is a lifelong problem. If all goes well, we'll be done with this. This is a very common thing. We're not freaked. So, if we don't seemed concerned, it's b/c we feel like this is what we're supposed to do. We have confidence in the pediatric neurosurgeon. Our pediatrician affirmed our decision. And, mostly, we trust God's hand in all of this.

We are very, very thankful for family who have dealt with the same thing. Seriously, understanding and seeing Ben's cousin, Cameron, have this same thing done 6 weeks ago really makes a big difference. It reminds me of this verse . . .

"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God." (2 Corinthians 1:3,4)

I believe with all my heart that Jesus wants us to use what has happened in our lives to help others. I think it's the way that God uses to redeem, heal, restore and find God in the things of life. The painful. The ugly. The hurt. The fear. The things we don't understand. The sickness. The sin. The past. Pick something. God wants to use it. God wants to use YOU. Whether you think what life has thrown you is worth sharing with others or not, it is. Big or small. God knows. 

On to the less serious things . . . 

This is our "sandbox" - along with the rest of our back porch.
Just another day with their feet in the sand.
Sophie at College YL

plaid. polka dots. animal print. plastic high heels.



This was Sunday at Krepp's Park. It was a beautiful Sunday in October.
I LOVE this!
Last week was "Wear Your YL TShirt Day." Started on Facebook by a kid in Charleston. It ended up being a worldwide event. Super fun! My kids rockin' their YL tshirts in Morgantown.

I broke Ted's glasses on Friday. I was trying to straighten them out. Snapped the stem right off. Of course the glasses we bought in August are discontinued. So we had to order an entire new pair. Good news - our 1 year warranty starts over. Whew!

Ted turns 6 next week. I've been working on his story to post on here. I'm very excited about it. I've been working on it about 2 weeks. Stay tuned . . .

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Love the pic knee deep in water! God bless you all!