Friday, Grandma, Doh and John Pap came over (Gary Pap was out west). Doh made another fantastic birthday cake. They were here when Ted got off the bus. We opened presents and then took 40 minutes to drive across town to Cheddar's (Ted's favorite restaurant) and then waited for about 45 minutes for a table. Note to self: Friday at 5pm is not a good idea to do such things! Next time we're having them bring a PJ's pizza over.
![]() |
| Putting together the puzzle that represents the new bike Ted will be getting when we get our act together at get to Toys R Us. |
| Tuesday we blindfolded Ted and took him back to Cheddar's for a Cookie Monster. Which thoroughly confused Sophie b/c she was expecting the real Cookie Monster. |
| We killed it! It's a huge chocolate chip cookie with ice cream, whipped cream, chocolate sauce and topped with a cherry. |
![]() |
| Mountaineer Dress Up Outfit |
This morning when we were waiting for the bus, Ted said, "Hey! I'm starting another hand today!" Yes, Ted, you are.
I think the word I would use to describe Ted as a 5 year old would be "brave." Even though there were segments of this year where fear really ruled over him, he found a way to really cope with and overcome those fears. I'm proud of him.
This morning he got up way too early. He crawled in bed with Ben and I and we each shared some things that we really remember and are proud of him for this year. I'm pretty sure Ted's love language is "words of affirmation" and I could tell her really loved it.
So, some highlights of year 5 . . . being the tallest kid in his preschool class, learning to swim, doing the zipline, tubing for the first time, getting glasses, learning to ride a bike, graduating from preschool after 3 years and starting Kindergarten, starting to read and write words, starting soccer, going a whole year without throwing up, playing big kid card and board games, riding the bus, sleeping under the Christmas tree for the first time, being a kind big brother to Sophie as she learned to play with you (and being patient with her developing hide-and-seek skills), showering on your own, and watching you really love learning new things in Kindergarten.
It's been a great year, Ted! We're so proud of you. I love watching you grow, learn and take things in. Your observation skills, the questions you ask and your imagination never cease to amaze me. Thanks for challenging me to listen, to answer and be engaged - because you want nothing less. I'm so thankful God gave you to us!



1 comment:
Happy Birthday Ted! :)
Post a Comment