We are 3/4 done with a 4 day weekend. After having a 10 day spring break and going back to school for 4 days. Ted also has off next Tuesday and Friday. Stupid built in snow days. He has 11 days of school in April.
We finally got Ted his birthday bike! We (well, Ben) put the training wheels back on Ted's old bike for Sophie and off we went to an empty school parking lot because we never have school anymore.
Sophie did really well. The bike is a little big for her but she loves it. Lots of "woohoos"

Ted is rockin' his new bike. A little wobbly and nervous and definitely not trail ready yet.
We had a few near misses but no collisions. Only individual crashes.
This is my very own Squints from Sandlot. When we play catch (at which I'm horrible), he is Squints or Smalls and I am Wendy Peppercorn. Today he actually quoted the "FOREVER" line in an appropriate context and was straight up funny saying it.
Today we drove Millie to New Martinsville to go to the vet (another story) and the bonus was birthday lunch for Aunt Lois (birthday today) and Doh (birthday tomorrow). Yummy Mexican in Paden City and the birthday girls got a sombrero, song, and pie in the face.
Poor Millie. We recently started treating her for arthritis in her hips. She was having a really hard time with that. She was doing really, really well and then on Wednesday stopped using her back, right leg. So I drove her to see Dr. Barnes who told us that she has torn her ACL. I guess she was felling a little too spry. So she'll be having surgery sometime in the the next couple of weeks. I'm so sad for her. Ted made her this card before the diagnosis while she was still "hopping around on 3 legs" as he calls it.
Sophie is starting to write her own name. I love it! Especially since I did absolutely nothing to teach her this. Sometimes I can't believe I'm a trained teacher based on what I do NOT teach my kids.


No comments:
Post a Comment