Tuesday, April 10, 2012

spring break 2012

Sometimes I blog less when Ben is home more in the evenings or when there's not a lot going on or when there's a lot going on but there's not a complete story to be shared. Let's just say it's a little of all three lately.

We just finished up spring break for Ted. 10 days. It was not what I had hoped for. The kids spent the weekend in New Martinsville but ended up coming back a little early b/c Sophie was sick. (I guess I spoke too soon about her never getting sick.) She got hit pretty hard then passed it along to Grandma, John Pap and Ted. Coughs, fever, lots of snot. Sophie kicked it quickly. Ted not so much. I took him to the doctor this evening for an on-going cough. He came home with an inhaler, steroids and an antibiotic.  Ted, being the homebody that he is, didn't really mind that we stuck close to home. I babysat two days and he was so sweet and kind.

Our week in review . . .

We hit up The Fishbowl with the Grimms one evening.I've never been and we've lived down the street for 18
months. My kids and I had our first Fishbowl experience the same night.
Some "flowers" Sophie picked for me.

We dyed Easter eggs and it wasn't half bad!

We went "hiking" at Coopers Rocks on Saturday.
Ted coughed the whole time so we didn't stay long.

I think they are so cute! Just sayin'





Sophie eating rice with one chop stick. It's
not as funny in the picture as it was in person.

We had a silly string fight with some in the baskets from
Doh & John Pap.


Checkin' out the stash.


And then spreading Easter grass all over the house.

Sophie put on her play jewelry earring herself - obviously!

I fed these hungry leaders for dinner on Sunday. I sure do love them.
And I'm proud of myself for making a 12 pound ham, 10 pounds of
scalloped potatos, a pot of green beans, yeast rolls, Sarah Lee
apple pie & buffalo chicken dip!
Happy Easter 2012

No comments: