Monday, April 2, 2012

the hunger games

I said last time that I was taking the 3rd book of the Hunger Games series a little slower than the other two. That would translate into 3 days. When I was done with the books, I didn't know what to do with myself. I had so much time on my hands!


  So, Thursday Ben says to me, "I started reading The Hunger Games." Ben doesn't read fiction. He has just in the past 3 years or so starting reading anything besides the bible and Sports Illustrated. That's not a slam in any way. It's the truth. So I was rather surprised that he would even do that.

We were kidless this weekend and I really, really wanted to go see the movie. So Ben spent about 2 hours Saturday afternoon finishing the book. I drove to the theater so he could finish the book as we pulled into the parking lot!!!

Needless to say, the books are WAY better than the movie. But it was really well done. I was thankful that, even though so many people died, it was not gory or full of images stuck in my head. I appreciated that a lot.

All in all, we both read the same book and then went to the movies to see it. And had popcorn and a Coke! We were having sushi afterwards and trying to decide the last movie we saw together without kids. We couldn't even begin to remember. 

If you've seen the movie but not read the book, do yourself a favor and READ IT! You won't be sorry.


No comments: