Saturday, April 28, 2012

wvu farms kid days

Friday was another day off school for Ted. He had 11 days of school the month of April between Spring Break, Kindergarten registration and built in unused snow days. I hope we NEVER have this school calender again.

His class took a field trip to WVU Kid Days and he loved it! He soaked up a lot of information and talked about it for two days straight. So I decided that we would take Sophie back on Friday. When he went with his class, each group had a "farmer" to tell them about the animals. Since we didn't have a group, Ted was our "farmer." He did a darn good job. And all the baby animals were awesome!

baby black & white cow

baby brown & white cow. those were my favorites



"milking" a fake cow

one of the lambs had a cast b/c it had a broken leg.
sophie kept telling the farmer, "my dog has an acl."
meaning, my dog had acl surgery and has a bandage sort
of like the one the sheep has!


a huge bull and another cow. their size are so impressive

mama goat & her kid

chickens




piglets

chicks



It was a fun (and cold) morning. I love that Ted loves learning about animals. My Dad is always teaching him miscellaneous animal facts which he'll randomly repeat at the strangest times. But animals are pretty darn cool. Funny thing is, my kids missed the years of program when Ben and Scott used most of these animals. They would've LOVED that.

this was the both kids' favorite part of our day

2 comments:

Carolyn E. Berlepsch said...

I love the duck slide video. I still remember going to the farm in kindergarten and the duck slide is what I remember most :) Nostalgic memories!

young wife&mom said...

funny all three of my kids would also claim the duck slide as their favorite for the past 4 years! I always joke and say--If I knew that we would just start at the end..and go home!