*Disclaimer - Ted had the flu - this may be too graphic for you . . .
Back on the home front, Ted started "pooking up" around 4pm on Saturday. Apparaently I used the words puke and throw up interchangeably and he came up with pooking up. This was our first virus where he would give me some sort of cue that he was sick and I would run him to the toilet where he would promptly turn into a wet noodle and I'd have to hold him over the toilet. Then he would analyze what had just come up. Meanwhile in the living room, Sophie is crying b/c she's being neglected. Or I had to lay her on the floor to run and she has rolled across the room and is stuck against the toy box, tv stand, couch, etc. It was somewhat comedic.
So around 8:00 pm, Scott Berg, Ben Allen and their friend Tommy show up at my front door. They were leaving Scott's cabin outside of Sissonville and Ben's car went into the creek. So they came here to get things figured out. It snowed during the day and the roads were bad. The only tow truck AAA had slid off the road so it had to wait till morning. I ended up with three guys sleeping on our living room floor.
Sunday (Day 2): No church. More puking in the afternoon. Lay around all day. Perk up a little in the evening.
Monday (Day 3): Perky in the morning so I think it was a 24 hour bug and send him to preschool. When I pick him up at noon, his teachers tell me that he's been real sluggish all day and laying down and stuff. We are less than 2 minutes on the road and he pukes all over the van. My doctor has me take him to the ER in case he's getting dehydrated. 5 hours later, he's not - but quite possibly we've picked up everything that the other 50 people in the ER waiting room have.
Tuesday (Day 4): Lays on the couch all day. Doesn't eat anything.
Wednesday (Day 5): Lays on the couch all day. Eating next to nothing. Chucks all over his bed at 11:00 pm.
Thursday (Day 6): Gets up and eats 3 pieces of toast - the most he's eaten since Saturday morning. Lays around most of the day but gets off the couch occassionally to play. He is currently sitting on the floor taking all the wrappers off of his crayons.
Praise the Lord no one else has this yet. I'm shocked that I don't. Ben's been gone most of the week and I don't think that I could've done two sick kids. However, I have been watching a lot of Jon & Kate Plus 8 these homebound days. Really puts things into perspective . . .
4 comments:
oh that is awful! i'm so glad that he's feeling better and that you aren't sick...or sophie...or ben!
Oh my gosh! I know the disclaimer was for me!!! Laura - you know of anyone out there - I will sympathize with you the most! I would have DIED!!!! POOR YOU and EVERYONE!! :( I'm glad he's feeling a little better!
Awww Im so sorry ted has been sick!!! I hope hes feeling back to himself soon!!!
yikes...sounds like a scene from ya-ya sisterhood.
i am sorry...so I can't wait to come by and possibly relieve u of motherly duties over break. I will be home tuesday.
ps hilarious every time i get on ur blog i swear it is new kids on the block...lolol
Post a Comment