Saturday, December 20, 2008

Milestones

We've reached two new milestones:

1) Sophie is officially a sitter. I can leave her unattended and come back to find her in the same position. I think this is one of my favorite stages - sitting but still immobile. It's especially fun to see Ted interacting with her more and Sophie enjoying it.

2) The "why" question has officially become part of Ted's vocabulary. I've been waiting for it. That is where the word "patience" enters my vocabulary.





Ted on his "tage" (stage) giving a concert for Sophie.

Ben and I both had the flu yesterday. I started my trips to the bathroom around 4:00 am. Ben got up with both kids. He took Ted to preschool and Sophie went with him to the church to work. By the time he got home around noon, he was feeling pretty rough. He managed to get both kids down for a nap. By the time the kids got up, I was functionable. Shawna and Lisa took Ted to a basketball game. (Thanks!!!) We watched tv all evening. We were both feeling much better this morning - but not great. As the day has gone on we've felt much better. Guess this won't be a 6 day thing like Ted. The funniest thing was listening to Ben get both kids up and out the door!! Just one of those things that makes him appreciate what I do.

3 comments:

Carol said...

You have such wonderful children! They are adorable!!!!

thesawhooks said...

ME TOO! Love the sitting yet immobile stage!! :)
Sorry about the "F" word...(flu)
at least it's out of the way for another year.... I'm still waiting... :)

thesawhooks said...

Oh...and I love the "tage"... :)