I always love the holidays b/c we get to visit with "old" Young Life kids. It's such a blessing to see the fruit of your own labors producing fruit.
John & Shawna are Ted's self-proclaimed God-parents. Ted was all about wearing his silly glasses. We met John when he was a freshmen in high school. He just went on Young Life staff in Pittsburgh. Shawna is a junior at WVU. I met her when she was a freshmen. She leads YL in Morgantown.
Kristin lives in Colorado and just graduated from college. She has an array of jobs at the moment that are all fun, exciting, and different. She still leads YL there.
I had breakfast with Kaitlyn - sorry, Kait, no picture! She is also a junior at WVU and leads YL at East Fairmont High School. And I didn't get to see Jaclyn this trip - but I did see her a couple weeks ago. You guys will get face time at Christmas. Jaclyn goes to Xavier in Cincinatti and finishing up her senior year. She too leads YL.
Whether these guys lead YL or not is not the issue. It's that they are living for and loving Jesus. To see where they started, where they are now, and where they are going is truly the work of God. Thanks, guys, for always making time for our family. We love you!!


No comments:
Post a Comment