Sophie and I are having a girl's weekend. Ben has a Young Life weekend at Oglebay in Wheeling. Ted is spending the weekend in New Martinsville. Sophie and I are here in Charleston on this snowy weekend. We have big plans and high aspirations. Clean while the two mess makers are away - and keep it clean for 36 hours! Grocery shop - which we did tonight at WalMart at 5:00. And shop and prepare for Family Fun Night that is next Friday at church. I am sad not to go to Oglebay. I've only missed one other time since 1996 - the year we were still under quarrantine with Ted. But between the 3 hour drive, having to be at church on Sunday, and Sophie still napping twice a day and going to bed at 7:30, it really wouldn't work all that well.
I realize now that I need to spend more individual time with my kids. I've really enjoyed my afternoon with Sophie. She is trying to crawl. When she sits she gets on her hands and almost has her legs out from underneath her and then pushes herself back and forth. This marvelous period in my life is about to end - one child who I don't have to watch so closely anymore, and a sitting, non-mobile child who is content to sit and play with her toys.
This week was FULL of snow. The 1st snow day was fun. The following 2, not so much. It snowed all day again today. It's suppossed to be a clear weekend but another "winter storm" coming Monday-Wednesday. We shall see.
Monday: 2 hour delay
Tuesday: 4 inches of snow; now school
Wednesday: rain, rain, and more rain; sleet/freezing rain in the afternoon; snow all evening
Thursday: no school; snow flurries
Friday: 2 hour delay; snow squalls all day that added another couple of inches
3 comments:
oh yes - not looking forward to the second week of snow!
Ahhh - Jaxen is learning to crawl too! He gets up on all 4's and rocks back and forth - and then kind of goes backwards! My life is almost over...I might break his little legs!!!! haha -
I love reading your blog. =) I definitely missed you at Oglebay! Josh had a delay on Monday, no school the rest of the week, and then delays yesterday and today!
Post a Comment