Friday, January 9, 2009

Routine

We're getting back into our "normal" routine. I feel like we haven't been in a normal routine since before Thanksgiving. Our highlights of the week are:

- Ted went to all 3 mornings of preschool this week and Sophie went to her sitter her usual 2 days!
- Sophie is back to her sweet self. She is feeling completely better and is as content as ever.
- We went to a basketball game together as a family on Tuesday.
- Ben and I went out on a double date with some friends on Wednesday.
- I got a sitter one afternoon and got all Christmas stuff exchanged, got some groceries, and finished the list of errands that has continuously built over our sick days.
- I worked my 3 normal mornings this week. The first time in over a month. I am actually feeling caught up and am excited about some big projects that we're planning for January and February.
- Ben had WyldLife tonight. I took the kids and Ted ran around for awhile.

The bigger highlights:

* On Monday, I noticed that both of the two teeth Sophie has were turning BLACK!! I called my dentist and a pediatric dentist. Both asked if she had an trauma to her face. But a friend of ours who works for another pediatric dentist came over and scraped it right off. Evidently, formula will sometimes do that to some babies. Perhaps it's the generic formula. We'll just have to take extra good care of them and when she gets off formula go have her teeth really cleaned! It really kind of scared me. I was picturing her in high school with no teeth. But all is well now.

* Ted has really enjoyed playing with Sophie. This afternoon, he had Millie and Sophie all set up to play a game of Candy Land with him!! He is having a bit of a hard time getting dropped off at preschool this week and going to bed at night. We've had to set some hard and fast rules about bedtime. He is also saying his cluster sounds now - no more tage, tar, tacy, poon, etc. He's actually very excited about it. And lastly, this week, he made a "New Year's Resolution" page at preschool. He said that he wanted to learn how to ride his bike!!!! It was so neat for him to actually think that through.

No comments: