Thursday, April 9, 2009

playing house

Ted's friend, Sydney, came over to play this evening. It was her Mom's birthday so I kept Sydney while Liz and Scott (her parents) went out to dinner. They had a GREAT time. It was a beautiful day so they played outside most of the time. The yard is fenced so I could leave them to come in and out as they pleased.

They started by hunting Easter Eggs. Then they moved on to grilled cheese for dinner. Sydney helped me give Sophie a bath and then wanted to hold her for awhile.



Then they started playing in Ted's truck and quickly discovered that the could both play at the same time. They did a good job taking turns with the driving and riding in the back. They each fell out once but were tough.



The next thing I knew, they got the baby dolls out. One had a baby in a stroller and the other had a baby in the baby seat. Sydney was Mommy and Ted was Daddy. The baby's names were "Fish" and "Dog." (Both named by Ted). So I got a family photo . . . notice Sydney's hand on Ted's shoulder! =)

Sydney's mom, Liz, is due with a little boy in September. Sydney is not thrilled at the idea of a boy - but she's warming up!

1 comment:

thesawhooks said...

Oh my gosh! I had NO IDEA Liz was pregnant!!!! How exciting!!!