I keep remembering different "episodes" that Ted had when I didn't really realize they were sugar related. One being right before Christmas when I picked him up from preschool one day and he begged me to bring him home and put him in bed. Until today, I thought that was his first one. But today I realized something else - his "flu" for 6 days in December wasn't really that long. I'm pretty sure it's when this whole thing started. I watched it happen all over again today.
He legitimately gets sick, throws up, doesn't eat, sleeps the day away. The next day, he is really lethargic (remember we took him to the ER b/c they thought he was dehydrated?), won't eat again, but feels better b/c he'll get up off the couch and play for a little bit. You can tell that he's not still sick . . . but he has zero energy so he still lays around a lot. So, when you let it go long enough, it throws him into an episode and he ends up throwing up again. It's cyclical. Until he finally snaps out of it and eats, then he's fine. In December it was 6 days. A couple weeks ago, it was 5 days. And, until whatever it is that snaps in his brain or stomach, it's almost useless to get him to eat. I guess I'll be making chicken crescents again tomorrow . . . if he wants to eat anything that will be it.
Interesting . . .
1 comment:
I'll be praying that you get to see the endocrinologist soon, and that he/she will understand what it's all about.
Post a Comment